5 Best Prop Trading Firms For Stocks 2021: A Trader’s Perspective
Finding a prop trading firm that can do exactly what you want is perhaps one of the biggest challenges to settling on a firm. You want a firm that is designed to handle your needs and some of those firms have specific specialties.
So, if you’re looking for the best prop trading firm for stocks, take a closer look at these top suggestions. I researched, and tried some of them, quite extensively.
First, let’s see a brief overview of them.
Table of Contents
Best Prop Trading Firms For Stocks Overview
|Prop Firm||Funding||Profit Split||Fees|
|FTMO||$25,00-$2,000,000||80%-90%||$270-$1,217 (One Time)||Open|
|Funded Trader||$50,000-$400,000||80%||$315-$1,798 (One Time)||Open|
|Trader 2B||$25,000-$150,000||80%||$150-$500 (Monthly)||Open|
|Great Point Capital||N/L||90%||N/L||Open|
FTMO is based in Czech Republic. They have their hand in everything and can handle a lot of different trading needs, including forex, futures, commodities, indices, cryptos, bonds, and stocks of course.
This company mostly has an 80% profit split but you can get up to 90% on their highest level. They leverage 1:100 and their funding goes up to $200K.
FTMO is incredibly popular in the prop trading industry so you should definitely at least glance over their details.
They do require a 2-step evaluation so keep that in mind.
|Type||Funding Amount||One Time Fee||Profit Split|
- No less than 80% profit split, could be up to 90%
- FTMO has really great trader support
- Their 2-step evaluation process is thorough and secure
- The platform is designed for serious traders
- Once you get approved, you have 0 risk in your work
- Really great reputation from customer reviews
- Their site is challenging to navigate to find all of the information
- The evaluation requirements are pretty strict
Funded Trader brings it home with stock trading, in addition to other prop firm trading options. You really can’t go wrong here.
Unfortunately, they are not highly-rated but that is mostly because they are challenging to understand and their website is a tad bit awkward but it has the basic details.
With that being said, their evaluations are cheap, there are a ton of different account options, they do have stock trading, and they have a good reputation based on the reviews I could find about them.
Funded Trader Programs
|Type||Funding Amount||One Time Fee||Profit Split|
This may not seem complicated but it gets more complicated when you consider the phases, targets, and minimum trading days.
The phase 1 target is 35 days and Phase 2 is 60 days.
- Designed to handle a variety of trading
- Evaluations are pretty inexpensive
- They have a lot of different account options
- Stock trading is a major draw for this company
- Their reputation is positive so far, which is always a good sign
- They’re pretty new in the industry so still a lot to learn
- Their website is continuing to be updated and improved but needs some work
- Their accounts and the requirements can get a little complicated
Trader 2B is a unique prop trading firm that decided to empower stock traders rather than avoid stocks. You already know it can be a challenge to find a stock prop trader but they saw the challenge and jumped on it.
This company has been around a little over 10 years, they’re a leading firm in the industry in this capacity.
They work to provide tools for day traders so you find yourself with adequate challenges as well as adequate training, tools, and other resources to be successful.
Their fees are low and fully transparent as well.
This company does not require a deposit or capital to get started. You work through their challenges or you can show them a solid trading record if you’re experienced.
Trader 2B Programs
With Trader 2B, you can get started for free if you’re an experienced trader by simply share a trading history. Otherwise, here is the breakout of programs for their Toro Challenge.
|Type||Funding Amount||Monthly Fee||Profit Split|
- 80% profit split on all levels
- You don’t have to take the challenge if you have proven trading history
- It’s free to get started
- Their platform is designed for stock trading
- Great resource for trading needs as well as helpful resources and tools
- Modern technology at your fingertips
- Some of the details are harder to find on their site
- There isn’t a lot of external information on them
Great Point Capital
Next up is Great Point Capital. This prop trading firm works with stocks as well as other trading stations.
They have a mission to find the best traders out there and share their own tools for success. You get capital support, structure, resources, and plenty of flexibility.
This prop trading firm is based out of Chicago and Austin both. They also will work remotely with any traders out there and help you find an automated strategy.
They have high-tech software designed to simplify your trading experience so you can focus on work and trading.
They’ve got the capital and the resources, you bring your trading knowledge and skills and get to work. They are a bit more limited than some companies but a great option to check out.
Great Point Capital Programs
This is not your average prop trader. Since they are a smaller firm, they choose to be picky on who they bring in. Rather than discuss the programs, take a look at some of their requirements and details here.
- Required Series 57 securities license
- Required $10,000 capital contribution to join
- Operate as self-employed
- $400,000 max intraday limits
- You get to retain 90% of your profits
- 90% profit split
- This capital company is a member of FINRA
- Up to $400,000 intraday buying power
- The best technology around available to you
- Plenty of resources and opportunity
- Ability to work from one of their offices in Austin or Chicago (or remote)
- Private firm with more stringent requirements to get in
- You are required to bring $10K of your own capital to the table
- They are a FINRA member so you must pass the Series 52 securities exam
Allston trading has locations in Chicago, Houston, London, and New York. They are all about bringing together innovation and technology for trading.
They are considered a premier market maker in worldwide exchanges and you have access to stocks, bonds, futures, options, and 30 exchanges.
This company believes strongly in investing in technology. They bring you a high-quality trading and research platform as well as systems created for performance.
Your network will be great and so will your support.
Allston Trading Programs
This prop trading firm is set up like a private firm again, much like Great Point Capital was.
You can get started by applying with their general application. Here, you would be a full time employee as part of their working team, rather than an individual trader so the availability does vary.
- Access to company benefits
- Excellent technology
- A large part of the premier worldwide market
- Access to 30 exchanges
- Offices in Chicago, Houston, London, and New York
- A private firm that is harder to be a part of
- Their pay structure is not readily available; it appears you would be an employee