FTMO Review of the “Verification” Stage
If you’re lucky enough to pass the Challenge, you still have your work cut out for you. After the Challenge comes the Verification stage, where your consistencies tested: Will you be a one-hit-wonder, or will you consistently hit it out of the park?
Luckily, Verification is somewhat relaxed compared to the Challenge, so you can sigh a little sigh of relief. Here your Profit Target is cut in half, and you must not only survive but consistently thrive for 60 days. Similar to the Challenge phase, you can finish early but need at least ten trading days.
While in the verification stage, new traders must meet the following criteria:
- A minimum of 10 trading days, a maximum of 60;
- A minimum of 50% of your trading days must be positive;
- Reach a profit target of only 5% – remember the challenge phase required 10%
- Daily losses can’t exceed 5% of your total equity.
- Total losses on the account can never exceed 10%* (Drawdown)